Bill's Keys to Success
21st May 2013
BILL’S KEYS TO SUCCESS
1. We must work together to become a STRONG club. We must remember that we are all part of the same team and should help and support each other to achieve success.
2. Listen to your coaches. The things they tell YOU are to help you swim faster.
3. Be confident in your own abilities. You are ALL capable of success and reaching your own potential.
4. Attend as many sessions as possible. There is no substitute for actually being in the water. Always try to arrive on time and show individual commitment by mobile stretching & preparing yourself for a positive and meaningful session.
5. TECHNIQUE and RELAXATION – this is the key to swimming FAST. Just look at any top class swimmer – they are relaxed in the water. You must concentrate on your technique and being relaxed when you train and race.
6. The work you do in training will show through when you race. Poor training habits will be reflected in your race performance. Don’t expect to swim well because you train hard for a week or two. It takes much longer than that – CONSISTENCY over a long period will result in progression and success.
7. To ensure progression you must improve TECHNIQUE – increase TRAINING EFFORT - develop FLEXIBILITY & STRENGTH. Working at the same level will tend to produce the same result.
It is my belief that YOU decide how well you SWIM, how good your SCHOOL marks are and how SUCCESSFUL you can be. IT IS YOUR CHOICE and it is one of my aims to get you to believe in the one person that matters and can make things happen– YOURSELF.
ARGUE FOR YOUR LIMITATIONS AND THEY SHALL BE YOURS,
IGNORE THEM AND YOU CAN BE ANYTHING.