Edinburgh International Swim Meet
4th March 2018
Venue: Royal Commonwealth Pool, Edinburgh, EH16 5BB
The Edinburgh International Swim Meet, incorporating the 2018 British Swimming
Championships, takes place at the Royal Commonwealth Pool, Edinburgh from 1-4 March.
The event attracts a top class field including British Swimming’s elite senior and junior
athletes. Previous competitors have included Adam Peaty, Mie Nielsen, Pernille Blume,
Ranomi Kromowidjojo, Rikke Pedersen, Jennie Johansson, Ben Proud, Anthony Ervin,
Tom Shields and Natalie Coughlin.
FINA has been asked to approve the times set at the event for use in the 2018 European
Championships in Glasgow, the Youth Olympic Games and the European Junior
Championships in Helsinki.
AGE GROUPS (AGE AS AT 31 DECEMBER 2018):
• junior defined as; 14-17 years (born in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004).
• junior defined as; 15-18 years (born in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003).
AGE AS AT 31 DECEMBER 2018.
Cost: £11 per event + £3 Contribution to Coaches' Passes
- All entry times should be set at accredited competitions since 1 January 2017, and verifiable.
- Entries must be submitted as long course times. Short course conversions must not be used.
- A proof of times report must be submitted with the entry file.
ELIGIBILITY REPORT (run 4th December, NOT including Session 3 of Club Champs)
Confirmed warm up times:
Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Warm up 7:30 – 8:35 Swimming starts each day 8:45 Session ends 11:15/11:25
Warm up 11:30 - 12:20 Swimming starts each day 12:30 Session ends 15:45
Warm 15:45 – 16:45 Swimming starts each day 17:00 Session ends Thursday 19:10; Friday & Saturday 19:20
Warm up 7:30 – 8:35 Swimming starts 8:45 Session ends 11:20
Warm up 11:30 - 12:20 Swimming starts 12:30 Session ends 15:00
Warm 15:00 – 16:15 Swimming starts 16:30 Session ends 19:00
Closing date for entries: 15th January 2018