Brighton Level 3 Tom Handley Memorial Meet
13th January 2018
Venue: Brighton Prince Regent, North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YA
Age groups: 9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs, 12yrs, 13yrs, 14yrs, 15/Over. Age as at 14th January 2018.
- 50m/100m/200m all strokes - 9/Over
- 200m IM - 9/Over
Awards: will be given to the top 3 swimmers in the following age groups:
- 50m Back/Breast/Fly - 9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs, 12-14yrs, 15/Over
- 50m Free - 9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs (12-14yrs & 15/Over have Skins finals)
- 100m events - 9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs, 12yrs, 13yrs, 14yrs, 15/Over
- 200m events - 9/10yrs, 11/12yrs, 13/14yrs,15/Over
Entry Times: must be EQUAL TO or SLOWER than the qualifying times specified.
Entry Fee: £6 per event + £3 Contribution to Coaches Pass.
**50 METRE FREESTYLE SKINS**
- Skins events for boys and girls 12/14 & 15/over will be swum at the end of session 3.
- The fastest 6 swimmers in the 50m Freestyle from each age group (Boys & Girls 12/14 and 15/over) will be entered for the Skins events provided that those swimmers have entered and swum in at least 2 events during the gala.
- Should any swimmer(s) withdraw from the skins event, reserves will be called.
- The 1st heat in each group will be a normal race start
- All subsequent heat starts will comprise of a 10 second warning whistle followed by the start tone.
- The last swimmer home in each skins heat will be eliminated unless a disqualification occurs in which case that swimmer only will be eliminated
- In the event of a tie for last place, no swimmer will be removed and the last 2 in the next swim will be taken out.
- Swimmers will remain in their start lane except for the final heat when lanes 3 & 4 will be used
- 12/14 years events will be held 1st and once completed the 15/Over events will be swum
- A go off time of 3 minutes will be used for each swim with Boys and Girls races alternating at 1m 30s.
- A CASH PRIZE OF £35 WILL BE AWARDED TO THE WINNERS
- A CASH PRIZE OF £15 WILL BE AWARDED TO THE 2ND PLACE SWIMMERS
Please note the CLOSING date for online entry will be 18th December, NOT 1st January are stated on the Qualifying Times
Online entry will be available soon
Closing date for entries: 1st January 1970